FFT GYRO 290
- Compatible with different types of multi-rotors, and sizes, from 100mm to 300mm rotor to rotor distance.
- Three degrees of freedom about the main axes, roll, pitch and yaw angles.
- Slip rings that allows free rotation about any of the Euler angles.
- High-resolution magnetic absolute encoders, with multiple turns.
- Mechanically balanced design, reducing any disturbance in the rotation dynamics.
- High-quality materials like aluminum alloys and carbon fiber parts, strong and light to minimize extra weight and inertia added to the vehicle dynamics.
- Sensing and control operation from MATLAB / Simulink.
- The motors can be driven by current or voltage, so torque, rotation speed or angular position control could be implemented.
- Fully documented systems models and parameters.
- Robust and heavy-duty machined components.
- External aluminum frame, that can be customizable.
|Series 290||Series 450|
|Dimensions – H x W x L||96cm x 63cm x 63cm||100cm x 85cm x 85cm|
|Device mass||28 Kg||49 Kg|
|Encoder resolution||0.0879° (12-bits)||0.0879° (12-bits)|
|Motor power||15.3 Kg × cm||15.3 Kg × cm|
|Plate (roll) mass||435 gr||745 gr|
|Inner Gimbal (pitch) mass||650 gr||827 gr|
|Outer Gimbal (yaw) mass||500 gr||524 gr|
|Roll, pitch and yaw range||360° (multi-turn)||360° (multi-turn)|
|Multi-rotor compatible sizes||100mm to 300mm rotor to rotor distance.||300mm to 500mm rotor to rotor distance.|
|Power specs||12 V, 5 A, 120W||12 V, 5 A, 120W|
|Communication protocols||USB2.0, serial port, 100 Hz.||USB2.0, serial port, 100 Hz.|
"In our group we work with quadrotors from different aspects of Control Systems where we have made different developments. With the FFT-Gyro we have been working on the experimental validation of fault detection algorithms in sensors and actuators in quadrotors. The system has helped us a lot since UAVs can be "flown" in the laboratory and has an easy-to-use software and data acquisition system that allows us to focus on our algorithms and not consume time in other practical aspects. We have received a very effective technical support from Eureka Dynamics and the new version of the FFT-Gyro already includes improvements based on the feedback we have given them. The results of our work are under review in high-impact journals. "
"We had been designing flight control systems for VANTs for a long time using orthodox techniques such as fastening the vehicle with loops at the ends or with expert pilots who were responsible for carrying out the flight tests. With the FFT-Gyro this process is very simple since tuning tests are carried out in a controlled and safe environment, in addition you can train the new pilots in the platform, thus reducing the risks involved in flying without previous experience. It is easy to test new controllers in the prototype, as well as the design of diagnostic systems and fault tolerant control because it has a built-in data acquisition system. In general, the Eureka-Dynamics gyroscope has become a vital equipment in the automation and control laboratory of our postgraduate program."